for Robert Kuropkat
Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI (expired)
Summary of Qualifications
- 35+ years in Information Technology with recurring theme in process automation and improvement
- 15+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- 5+ years experience as a team manager
- Software Developer experienced with multiple languages and all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle
- Additional experience in Database Administration, Software Configuration Management, System Administration and Software Architecture
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently or as part of a team
System Integrator (4 years). System deployment through the use of automation products such as Kickstart, Hewlett-Packard’s System Automation (HPSA), Jenkins (Hudson), Puppet, Maven, Nexus, Cobbler, Red Hat Satellite Server, FitNesse and others to enhance Unit and Functional Testing and Continuous Integration efforts. Deployments involved both physical and virtual environments and IA lock down in accordance with SECScan, SRR and Retina.
Database Administration (2 years). Served as the Oracle Database Administrator (and backup to the Sybase DBA) for a small software development company. Initially supporting five internal databases, grew to eventually supporting closer to fifty databases all supporting various stages of software development and testing. This was accomplished through heavy use of home grown automation scripts (mostly Perl, Shell and SQL) with some use of Enterprise tools such as Tivoli.
System Administration (6 years). As a Database Administrator for a mid-sized software development company, I was expected to work closely with the System Administrators, to the point of being mostly self-sufficient regarding the SA needs of the database servers. As a member of and manager of small IT teams including internal IT (corporate systems such as email, backup, development systems, etc.) and Development Test Lab (custom deployments of various enterprise software and development support systems, such as Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Linux, Solaris).
Software Configuration Management (4 years). Using repositories such as CVS, SVN, Git and others, the emphasis was on system build, automation and testing (as opposed to control and accountability) using both internally developed tools and processes (usually Perl and Unix Shell) as well as third party tools such as Jenkins, Ant, Cruise Control, Make, etc. to manage and interact with the source code repositories.
Software Architecture (2 years). Relational database design using Oracle CASE (Entity Relationship, Dataflow and Function Hierarchy Diagrams) and UML. Object Oriented Requirements Analysis and Design using UML with various tools such as Visio, ArgoUML, Erwin and Enterprise Architect.
IT and Test Lab Management (7 years). Management of small IT teams including internal IT (corporate systems such as email, backup, development systems, etc.) and Development Test Lab (custom deployments of various enterprise software and development support systems), both for mid- sized software development companies, so the focus was primarily on supporting development efforts.
- Director of Interactive Technologies (Jun 2021 – March 2023)
- Senior Systems Technical Specialist for The Walt Disney Corp. (February 2017 – December 2020)
- Deployment Engineer for Spaceflight Industries (August 2016 – February 2017)
- Network Security Engineer for Quotient (May 2015 – August 2016)
- Senior Software Engineer for Thermopylae Sciences & Technology (June 2009 – May 2015)
- IT Manager for Science Applications International Corporation (October 2007 – June 2009)
- IT Manager for Thinkgeek, Inc (July 2007 – October 2007)
- Senior Programmer for Object Sciences, Corp (October 2004 – July 2007)
- Programmer for the Armada Group (May 2004 – October 2004)
- Programmer/ Analyst for McKesson, Corp (September 2003 – April 2004)
- Programmer for NetSource, Inc (February 2001 – July 2003)
- Programmer/ Analyst for ReleaseNow, Corp (April 1999 – February 2001)
- Programmer/ Analyst for Chen & McGinley (November 1998 – April 1999)
- Programmer/ Analyst for Silicon Graphics (January 1997 – November 1998)
- Programmer/ Analyst for National Software Associates (January 1996 – January 1997)
- Software Developer/ Database Administrator for Avalon Software (May 1992 – December 1992)
- Systems Programmer for the US Air Force (November 1989 – November 1991)